My training at the Delamar Academy meant that I was trained by renowned working industry experts and professionals in various makeup disciplines including special effects, making, fitting and colouring prosethics, wig making, setting and fitting as well as period hair and makeup.
This along with my experience on set has meant that I understand continuity, on set etiquette, the role of a makeup artist in relation to other departments as well as the need for integrity and discretion.
My experience includes:
- Brothers in Arms, student film with Met Film School, London
- ITV series; Broadchurch
- Feature film And Then I was French IMDb listing
- Feature film The Time of Their Lives
- Hair and makeup designer and artist for short film Settlers IMDb link https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7600354/fullcredits?ref_=tt_cl_sm#cast
- Hair and makeup designer and artist for the historical short film 100 Balfour Road
- Hair and makeup artist for presenter of German TV programm Noordee report Ndr.de Germany
- Hair and makeup designer and artist for film Lawrence After Arabia 2020 IMDb link https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4695264/
- Makeup artist for short film On The Beaches IMDb link https://www.imdb.com/title/tt10699150/fullcredits/?ref_=tt_ov_st_sm
Award of Recognition The IndieFest Film Awards for Hair and Makeup work on the film Lawrence After Arabia 2020
‘Her initiative and natural drive in a filming environment on And Then I Was French was brilliant to have around and her positive vibe was great to work with’
Gina Dowle Makeup and Hair Designer
‘Kirsten came to help me as hair and makeup artist on the feature film ‘The Time of Their Lives’ , she immediately fitted in with the team with being both helpful and skilled at preparing our featured supporting cast’.
Alyn Waterman, Makup and Hair Designer
You worked so hard, under incredibly tight timescales, adapting to the fluid situation and your delivery was amazing especially in taking my script and interpreting my vision. Always on time and willing to stay until the job was done and the shoot packed up, I was very proud of the rapport that was built with all the cast and crew followed up by clear communication from the outset. You went above and beyond your remit, looking after our cast, assisting the Director of Photography, making drinks and taking invaluable continuity photographs as well as looking after other inexperienced crew members, meeting the cast members before the shoot to discuss looks and makeup tests, giving constructive feedback and mentoring trainee makeup artists on our big scene “crowd” days, who under your supervision was fantastic – Your knowledge, especially local, experience and extensive research to create and develop our film’s look making the film totally in keeping with the period in which the film was set.
Mark Griffin, Director/Producer Lawrence After Arabia
For any filming work, opportunities or enquiries please contact me.