My training at the Delamar Academy meant that I was trained by renowned working industry experts and professionals in various makeup disciplines for makeup for film television and theatre. This includes special effects, prosthetics, wigs and period hair and makeup, beauty and fashion.
This along with my experience on set has meant that I understand continuity, on set etiquette, the role of a makeup artist in relation to other departments as well as the need for integrity and discretion, teamwork and the ability to work long hours and travel.
- Hair and makeup artist; Luther, The Fallen Sun (Netflix feature film starring Idris Elba)
- Hair and makeup artist; The Boys in The Boat (feature film directed by George Clooney)
- Hair and makeup artist; The Gold, (TV series BBC)
- Hair and makeup artist; Get Millie Black (TV series Channel 4)
- Hair and makeup artist; Long Lost Families (TV series ITV)
- Hair and makeup artist; One Last Time (short film)
- Hair and makeup artist; Lawrence After Arabia (independent feature film)
- Makeup artist; On The Beaches (short film starring Bella Ramsey)
- Hair and makeup artist Winterguests (Dutch TV) (starring Jane Goodall DBE)
- Hair and makeup artist Remembering Nikki Grahame (OK Magazine with Channel 4)
- Hair and makeup artist; Settlers (short film)
- Hair and makeup artist; 100 Balfour Road (short film)
- Hair and makeup artist; Noordee report Ndr.de Germany (German TV programme)
- Broadchurch (TV series ITV)
- And Then I was French (independent feature film)
- The Time of Their Lives (feature film)
Commercial, branding and promotional work includes
- Hair and makeup artist – The Body Shop at Home
- Hair and makeup artist – Silverlake Dorset
- Hair and makeup artist – Dorset Tea
- Hair and makeup artist – Crisis Prevention Institute
- Hair and makeup artist – Mira/Khohler Showers
- Hair and makeup artist – Hayden Hill London
- Hair and makeup artist – The Body Shop
- Hair and makeup artist – Anker Electronics
For any filming work enquiries please do contact me.
Award of Recognition The IndieFest Film Awards for Hair and Makeup work on the film Lawrence After Arabia 2020
‘Her initiative and natural drive in a filming environment on And Then I Was French was brilliant to have around and her positive vibe was great to work with’
Gina Dowle Makeup and Hair Designer
‘Kirsten came to help me as hair and makeup artist on the feature film ‘The Time of Their Lives’ , she immediately fitted in with the team with being both helpful and skilled at preparing our featured supporting cast’.
Alyn Waterman, Makup and Hair Designer
You worked so hard, under incredibly tight timescales, adapting to the fluid situation and your delivery was amazing especially in taking my script and interpreting my vision. Always on time and willing to stay until the job was done and the shoot packed up, I was very proud of the rapport that was built with all the cast and crew followed up by clear communication from the outset. You went above and beyond your remit, looking after our cast, assisting the Director of Photography, making drinks and taking invaluable continuity photographs as well as looking after other inexperienced crew members, meeting the cast members before the shoot to discuss looks and makeup tests, giving constructive feedback and mentoring trainee makeup artists on our big scene “crowd” days, who under your supervision was fantastic – Your knowledge, especially local, experience and extensive research to create and develop our film’s look making the film totally in keeping with the period in which the film was set.
Mark Griffin, Director/Producer Lawrence After Arabia
This website, including all creative content both written and photographic is Copyright © to Kirsten Sare Makeup Artist